Welcome to August, our exciting new category romance imprint, where characters are more seasoned in life and love. Send us heroes and heroines in their 30s and 40s who haven’t been on the dating scene since Backstreet Boys vs. ‘N Sync was a thing, Jack and Rose were king and queen of the world, and people were arguing over whether Ross and Rachel were “on a break”. The line launches in Winter 2018!
- High-concept, trope-driven stories strong on both conflict and emotion
- Relatable characters in their 30s and 40s who put love on the backburner to launch their careers, or may be looking to start a new chapter in life
- Word count of 45k – 65k. Novellas are considered on a case-by-case basis when tied to an existing series or as part of a specific call for submissions.
- POV split 50/50 between the hero and heroine
- Heat level can be mild to steamy
- We’d love to see diverse characters!
- Authors we love: Kristan Higgins, Roxanne St. Claire, Karen Booth, Maisey Yates
- We accept both agented and unagented submissions.
-Via Entangled Publishing
That’s the latest call for stories featuring older characters and I thought it would be good to have it here as a guide to what the pub houses want.