A little birdie told me that today is National Kissing Day! As if we need a special day just for kissing, eh? But considering this whole pandemic going on, it’s nice to have a little distraction. If anything, maybe we’ll learn something new about kissing!
- Kissing moves as many as 34 muscles in the face and 112 postural muscles!
- A passionate kiss burns 6.4 calories per minute
- The longest kiss clocked at 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds in 2013
- According to neuroscientist Onur Güntürkün who people-watched people kissing for two-and-a-half years, he determined that twice as many people turn their head to the right than to the left when they kiss
- An average kiss lasts more than 12 seconds
- With the exchange of saliva during kissing, there go exchange of bacteria – which can help strengthen the immune system!
- Speaking of exchanging spit – men’s saliva contains the sex hormone testosterone which triggers libido!
- In ancient Rome, a public kiss pretty much sealed the legal contract between couples during the marriage ceremony
- Kissing is practiced in 90% of the world population
Pretty interesting, huh?
Before I go and hit my daily goal of writing 1500 words today, here’s one of my favorite kissing scenes from one of my favorite movies!